The University of Illinois at Chicago is offering an online Journal Writing course. Topics include areas that take you far beyond ordinary journal writing, including:
* Understanding Your Journaling Goals
* The Basics of Modern Journaling
* Discovering the inner you through "Letters That Can't Be Delivered"
* Naikan, a Japanese practice that blends meditation and gratitude
* Haibun, a Japanese practice that blends journaling with poetry
* Keeping a "DiVinci" Notebook, a multi-purpose journal and scrapbook
* Theme Journals, keep a separate journal to track a special occasion, situation or hobby
* Future Journaling, turning your journal entries into something more
Registration information is here. Let me know if you want the full invitation, with more information. Cost of $260 includes a $65 discount, and runs March 9 through April 10, 2009.
View a preview of "Letters That Can't Be Delivered" an online lecture by instructor Cynthia Gallaher.
Speaking of turning journals into something more, (unrelated to UIC), Susan Tiberghein will be speaking April 25 for the IWWG on this topic. Her workshops are always amazing.