Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two weeks flew by....



Oh my gosh, I didn't mean to be a post-less blogger for the past two weeks, but I've been traveling a little, speaking to writers about publishing and marketing their work, and seeing the fabulous Julie & Julia movie. I also moved. Just two blocks away but hundreds and hundreds of books came along with me. Laid end-to-end they surely would have traversed the move like dominoes if I stacked them in the street and nudged them a bit.

The result is lovely: A lifetime of books to pack and unpack, shelve and re-shelve, read and re-read!


Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers.

Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926), The Happy Life, 1896

No comments: