|Pen to Digital Press: DIY Publishing in the Digital Age|
Date: Saturday, February 11th
Time: 9 A.M. - 6 P.M.
Place: John Marshall Law School, 315 S. Plymouth Court, Chicago, IL 60604
On Saturday, February 11th, Lawyers for the Creative Arts and John Marshall Law School will host an all day symposium titled Pen to Digital Press: DIY Publishing in the Digital Age. This day long program will feature a diverse group of speakers from the writing and publishing professions, professors of law and literature, and members of LCA's Staff and Board of Directors. A detailed program will follow.
Topics to be covered include:
1. Overview of Publishing in the Digital Age: Perspectives and Alternatives;
2. Choosing a Publisher: Contracts and Other Pitfalls;
3. Taking It to the Bank: Monitoring Your Sales and Reading Your Royalty Statement;
4. Problematic Content: Solving Privacy and Defamation Issues; Collaborating; and Legally Using Third-Party Content; and
5. How to Become an Outrageously Successful Author: Using Social and Other Media.
This not-to-be-missed program will include lively round table lunch discussions on hot topics of the day, ranging from how to write a query to idea protection to writing for television to Q & A with literary agents and entertainment lawyers. We will also host a book signing and networking reception at the close and authors are encouraged to bring their books.
Local writers, law and college students, professors, and attorneys are all encouraged to attend.
Full details are available here.
Registration fee is a real value:
$85/person, including lunch and our written materials*
$55 for each student currently enrolled in a full-time higher education program**
* 3.0 MCLE Hours are anticipated.
* *Complimentary for JMLS students and faculty.
Sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Marci Rolnik at LCA: firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 649-4111.
Monday, January 9, 2012
Feb. 11, 2012 Lawyers for the Creative Arts hosts DIY Publishing and more...
I have attended this even in the past and it is a wonderful learning opportunity. Hope to see you there: