Per my October 6, 2010 post, PubIt, from Barnes & Noble is a great way to put your ebook on sale today for the BN.com Nook ebook reader. PubIt is their digital self-publishing platform for authors and independent publishers. Under the PubIt model, authors are charged no startup fee and will receive a royalty that ranges from 40% to 65%,
The process takes about 15 minutes and you'll need to have an electronic copy of your book ready to load.
What you'll need:
1. Your final manuscript in Word, html or a few other formats. Note that you can't load the book as a PDF, which is common for other ebook sales sites. BN,com puts the book into their unique ePub format for the Nook.
2. A copy of your cover, in a large size, such as 700 by 2000 pixels.
3. An "about the book" and "about the author" blurb.
4. Your desired selling price. For help, look at the current best-selling Nook "Flying Off The Shelves" link here.
5. Your ebook's ISBN if you have one. (If you don't have one, one will be assigned.)
6. Some of you may not like this part: To earn and get paid royalties, you have to provide your soc.security number and link to your bank account. Read the terms, conditions, and privacy statements if this is of concern to you.
Ready to start? Sign up here - it's free.